Here’s a fun project for you to do today that’s guaranteed to make a difference in your life: Make a gratitude list for your love.
Now, I don’t mean a list of fifty ways to leave your lover, but rather a list of all the ways your life has changed for the better because of someone special who loves you— a spouse or friend, a parent or child. This is a great gratitude exercise for you and a wonderful gift for someone you love. Think of it like a It’s a Wonderful Life kind of list– how different your life would be if they were not a part of it.
So, here is a list I’ve made for my sweet Tina. If Tina had not been a part of my life, I would not have…
- known what it’s like to live in a house with three dogs
- or known what it’s like to sleep under a crystal chandelier
- learned to dance the salsa
- certainly would never have went shoe shopping at DSW
- met her sweet mother and a truly great son in Blake
- seen someone (I won’t say who) steal wine glasses from BoneFish
- gone to Pensacola and drunk a wine slushy at a baseball game
- had a couples massage
- went to a formal ball with a bunch of cats and dogs
- found out what it was like to dance at the Electric Cowboy at 1 in the morning
- stood on the stage of the Grand Old Opry
- flown first class to Cancun
- had the courage to make a job change after sixteen years
- hired a bartender for a Grinch Christmas party at our house
- Put up a rotating fully decorated Christmas tree on our front porch
- had the encouragement to start something totally crazy like live podcasting every day
- and most of all, without my sweet Tina I would never have been loved beyond my wildest dreams by the most beautiful woman in the world
So– now it’s your turn. Make your own list for your love and share it with them and vow to keep adding to the list as your years go by!